Spent my wee years with AM radio, and my teens with thrash metal and glam rock.
Served time in an industrial metal band in the early aughts, with whom I played 2004 Canadian Music Week.
Worked labour till I retired relatively young due to mental health issues, then I cartooned and wrote short stories for a decade.
Now it's just me and a handful of instruments, mics, and new-to-me recording techniques. Like last FAWM, I'll strum for whatever lyrics capture my imagination (with permission, of course), with an amazing partner, two annoying cats, too much sugar (probably), and much nostalgia for the musically aggressive days.
= = = = =
My reg'lar fawming:
- I fawmed 34 songs, officially. Technically only 31; one was an unsatisfactory collaboration (Hope Beyond Hope) that I repurposed with original lyrics; one was a 10x10 with nonsense cut-up method lyrics that were partly rewritten into reasonable vignettes; and one would've been a Feb 28th offering that I was still fooling with when sleep overtook me.
- Of those, 18 were solo works (includes the Easy Shed non-collab collab; excludes the supplied lyrics of the Fake It Challenge).
- 9 were challenges (counting the Easy Shed trolling)
- I fawmed 23 songs, officially. Technically only 21; two were posted as instrumentals, then again with lyrics+vocals.
- Of those, 3 were solo works.