Ten by Ten (Ten for One Deal on Unfinished Songs)
I always mean to do the weekly challenges but they've stumped me; until now. I had about 8 unfinished song sketches with no vocals (all fair game, I started them after 7/4/20) so I wrote all the lyrics and finished them in one sitting with pretty strange results.
1. Introduce Yourself - True story. I loathed the nickname at first, causing my friends to drop my given name and use only my nickname.
3. Z - Anyone remember the video of a slowed down rap song by Mary Kate and Ashley called Gimme Pizza that blew up YouTube in 2010?
5. Oblique (Mine was "give way to your worst impulse")
6. Flowers - Except for my voice, song 6 was made entirely of the Wilhelm scream, tweaked and filtered to sound like synth and a drum machine.
7. Style Swap - Her Majesty, the hidden track at the end of Abbey Road, if it was about a chess piece. So, Weird Al?
8. Communication Medium
9. This was the first thing I demo’d for Sex Sells, a collab with the amazing @kahlo2013
edit: found it - https://youtu.be/CJEoASUMZbI
putt itt onn the pizzza
Please keep your comments respectful, honest, and constructive. Please focus on the song and not the demo.